Class Requirements and Policies
- New volunteers must attend CTV101 before registering for other classes.
- Residents are those who live, or are working with an organization inside one of CTV's ten member cities: Arden Hills, Falcon Heights, Lauderdale, Little Canada, Mounds View, New Brighton, North Oaks, Roseville, St. Anthony and Shoreview. Non-residents are those who do not live, or who are not working with an organization inside one of CTV's ten member cities.
- Class fees must be paid upon registering for the class. Payments can be made online, or by check or cash. Class withdrawals must be made within 24 hours of the scheduled class time in order to be eligible for a refund.
- Test-outs are available for each class for those individuals who know the equipment well enough to satisfactorily pass the required test. CTV staff determines eligibility for a test-out. The cost of the test-out is half the amount of the regular class (except for the truck class, which is $5 off). If the individual fails the test-out, they must take the course to receive certification.
- Please note that class schedules are subject to change. The class may be cancelled if it does not have the required number of students.
- New truck and studio producers must pass the proper certification class (either "Crewing the Shoot" or "Full Truck Crewing") and must also pass the "Intro to Producing" class.
- Expired volunteers who wish to begin using CTV equipment again, must take a test-out and demonstrate proficiency with the equipment before they are re-certified. If the lapse in certification is longer than six months, they must pay for the cost of the test-out or class.
- Students who are currently enrolled in the Final Cut Pro class are not allowed to work on their own projects until they are certified.
- Group rates are available for 5 or more people; $5 off for truck training and $10 off for all other classes.